In September 1943, 22-year-old Esther Bubley took a bus from Washington, D.C., to the Midwest and back, documenting the trip for the Office of War Information. Luckily for us, she took lots of photographs at Pitsburgh’s Greyhound station—drivers, workers, and passengers, with the terminal prominent in most views too. The station spanned the block between Grant Street and Liberty Avenue at the site of today’s Federal Building. It served countless passengers for more than two decades, but if not for Bubley’s photos, almost no images of it would exist. The station was not as dazzlingly deco as other Greyhound terminals of the era but nonetheless brought an air of luxury and sophistication to local transportation.