Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
Metadata and in-document data containing personal information (name, institution, title, etc.) have been removed from the manuscript. Manuscripts containing information related to the author's (or authors') identity/ies WILL BE REJECTED. Click HERE to view instructions on removing metadata from Microsoft Word documents (link to Microsoft Office support site).
- I am authorized by my co-authors (if any) to enter into these arrangements, and I am (we are) the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to the Journal are not in breach of any other obligation.
- I agree that the information submitted on the current page is correct and agree to the copyright agreement provided below.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses). All illustrations, figures, and tables are submitted as separate files with a notation within the text to indicate their placement.
The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, and lll references and in-text citations follow Chicago Manual of Style author-date system.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor)
Copyright NoticeAuthors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal. Further distribution of the work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the published work's title, journal citation, and DOI (digital object identifier).
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The work does not infringe any copyright; violate any other right of any third parties; contain any scandalous, libelous, or unlawful matter; or make any improper invasion of the privacy of any person. The author(s) agrees to indemnify and hold harmless The Pennsylvania State University against any claim or proceeding undertaken on any of the aforementioned grounds.